MHA Job Opportunities
Education Program Coordinator
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position assists Lancaster County youth, adult and seniors by providing education and training on MHALC services, mental health conditions, recovery and wellness.
The Education Coordinator will provide outreach to other agencies and community partners to coordinate access to appropriate services and supports. The Education Coordinator will onboard sub-educators and support the expansion of our educational programs for businesses, schools, senior centers, and other community mental health education needs.
Mental Health Educators
Looking for multiple types of educators
These positions provide education and training on MHALC services, wellness, mental health conditions, and recovery in various settings, including but not limited to schools, senior centers, and/or workplaces. These positions support group settings on problem-solving, action planning, and skill building in order to address issues and needs relating to mental illness.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES SUMMARY:
For coordinating, communicating, and training on mental health education.
- If leading evidence-based training, the trainer shows qualifications in the training being provided (QPR, MHFA, evidence-based curriculum, clinical degree, etc.)
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in public health, social work, psychology, or related field is preferrable.
- Strong presentation skills are required to be engaging and approachable to target audiences on the topic of mental health and the reduction of stigma
- Dependability, professionalism, and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, email communications and internet.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently to implement quality programs and ensure compliance.
- Demonstrate a positive, collaborative approach to educating as well as competence under difficult circumstances with a commitment to problem solving.