Prison Advocacy & Education
MHA is partnered with Lancaster County Prison to provide mental health support to incarcerated individuals.
Our peer educators provide orientation to new inmates, as well as offer ongoing support groups that foster an understanding of strategies to improve mental health and coping skills.
To hear more about these programs, contact MHA at email@example.com.
Start Your Journey Today
- Assist you in finding appropriate mental health services to meet your needs
- Listen and answer questions about mental health concerns
- Help you understand your rights
- Empower and support families
- Encourage self-care
An Advocate is NOT
- A therapist, counselor or employee of a treatment program
- A lawyer, public defender, or employee of the court system
- A social worker, case worker, or employee of the welfare system, the city, county or the state
Providing Critical Mental Health Support
During and Upon Exiting Incarceration
- Make decisions for you
- Break confidentiality (unless there is a danger to you or others)
- Provide treatment (therapy, medication management, etc.)